Tuesday, October 12, 2010

NYCC 2010

Got back from this year's New York Comic Con a few days ago, and I've been too busy writing follow-up emails and sending out samples to unpack, much less blog about the show, but it was a great convention for me. Lots of fans, lots of great creators, and lots of industry announcements.

I'll post some photos later, but I wanted to take this opportunity thank all the fans who stopped by my table in artists alley to say hello and to get something signed, and to everyone who turned up at our DOCTOR WHO signings at the IDW booth. I signed a lot of WHO comics this weekend and got an incredible amount of positive response to my work on the title. I'll be joining a number of talented artists for the next series of IDW's DOCTOR WHO comic when it relaunches in January, and hopefully the new work will be received just as warmly.

On the personal side, I got to meet some of my favorite artists and writers, make a few new friends, and to finally meet some old friends in the business whom I've only spoken to by email or phone. There was also a strong contingent of former CrossGen-ers in attendance, and it was good to catch up with everyone and find out what they were all up to these days.

A big thank you to everyone I met and spoke with, and to the organizers of the show. I had a great time.

And just a reminder for everyone in the Albany area, I'll be attending the upcoming Albany Comic-Con on October 24th. If you're going to be in the neighborhood, stop on by.

No comments: