Friday, October 1, 2010

Work In Progress: Strange Heroes Samples, Part 4


Here's a sneak peek at the rough pencils for page 4 of the "Strange Heroes" art samples I've been working on. Still a lot of work to do in the final pencil stage, especially with the explosion in the first panel, but as you can see, I have the major shapes and page elements in place. I like to work all of those out before penciling too tight, just to make sure the page is going to come together the way I want.

More samples soon, including the first inked pages, and the pencils for the next - and final - page from this sequence.

3 comments:

Paul Salvi said...

I love these pages, but the heroes don't look particularly strange. They look awesome and cool. You should call it Awesome Coolsuit Action Squad. : )

matthew dow smith said...

Thanks, Paul! And "Awesome Coolsuit Action Squad" has a nice ring to it. Sounds like a line of action figures. I can even picture the commercial, complete with over the top, cheesy theme tune!

--MDS

Paul Salvi said...

"A! C! A! S! Bad guys run 'cause we're the best (y'all)!"